Any smart phone with Bluetooth and voice assistant enabled will work with VC100.
Android phone with Google Assistant, iPhone with Siri are compatible.
If your android phone uses voice assistant other than Google Assistant, although you still need to use the activation word “ok google” or “hey siri”, but VC100 will be able to call out your voice assistant and you can say out the command you want to issue and your phone’s voice assistant will do the job.
To be able to use VC100, your car will need to have a working power outlet (cigarette lighter) and FM radio.
Yes, voice control function vise they are the same, what VC100 can do your phone can already do the same. But VC100 can do more than your phone can do.
- VC100 has built-in noise cancellation to pick up your voice in loud environment, whether it is music, wind, street noise or other noise from outside. Your phone might not be able to hear you in loud environment.
- VC100 has far field voice recognition and you can issue command from a far distant (3m – 5m) which most phone doesn’t have.
- VC100 also has offline voice command, while phone’s voice assistant won’t work offline.
- If you want to use your car stereo as speaker you can only use Bluetooth for your phone, if your car stereo doesn’t have Bluetooth then it won’t work. VC100 only need a FM radio which most of the car should have.
- Also VC100 comes with two USB chargers which come in handy in some situation.
VC100 and Amazon Echo Auto is similar product, they both require you to connect to your smart phone, but there are couple things that is different:
- VC100 does not require you to install any app, while Amazon Echo Auto needs you to install Amazon app in order to use.
- VC100 and Amazon Echo Auto both need to connect to your phone via Bluetooth, you will also need to sign in and setup Amazon echo auto in Amazon APP before you can use it, while VC100 does not require any APP setup.
- VC100 directly plug in to your car’s power outlet and provide 2 USB charger port for you to use, on the other hand, Amazon Echo Auto comes with a USB power outlet charger but will take out one slot and you need to connect it with a USB cable which might get in the way of your car stereo or dashboard.
- Amazon Echo Auto requires your phone to connect to your car stereo by Bluetooth, or by an Aux cable if your stereo lack Bluetooth connection, which means more cable will be hanging there. VC100 transmit FM radio frequency, so as long as your car has radio you can receive audio from VC100 and your phone without any problem.
- Most car use application is similar on both device, but one critical problem of Amazon Echo Auto is navigation. After you speak out the destination, you will need to click on your phone screen to start the navigation. While VC100 is totally hands free, you do not need to touch your phone or VC100 to do navigation.
- VC100 has some offline command for basic control, you are able to play/pause local music, receive/reject phone calls. But Amazon Echo Auto does not work offline, it needs internet connection to work properly.
By default, the FM radio VC100 transmission is at 89.3MHz, if there is a local radio station using the same frequency, it will create interference noise.
If this happens, you can change the radio frequency of VC100 by double clicking the mic button, VC100 will tells you which frequency it is going to transmit and you can change your radio frequency according to that.
VC100 supports 4 different frequencies: FM 89.3MHz, FM 94.4MHz, FM 96.4MHz, FM 101.4MHz
VC100 has offline command for basic control: play music, stop playing, play previous song, play next song, answer the phone, reject the call, volume up and volume down.
So you can still listen to local music store in your phone and control the playback using voice command without the support of your phone’s voice assistant.
VC100 builds with advance noise cancellation technology, it will filter out the background noise and try to pick up the activation words “Ok Google”, “Hey Siri”, your voice command and the offline commands. VC100 will works even in a noisy environment.
Passenger in the back seat can also command VC100 without shouting out the command, this is due to VC100 has build-in Far Field Voice Recognition which enables it to detect voice from a far distance.